Great Cruise Offers and Exclusive Discounts through September 10
Chicago, August 16, 2004 (Nasdaq: ORBZ) - Orbitz, the site that makes it easy to find the most travel deals, is announcing its biggest cruise sale of the year. Travelers will find discounted rates and exclusive offers on cruises booked on Orbitz through September 10, 2004, for travel by December 31, 2004.
Both first-time cruisers and old pros can receive an exclusive cash back offer when booking on Orbitz. Receive $30 cash back on cruises starting at $1,000; receive $75 back on a cruise starting at $3,000; receive $150 on a cruise starting at $5,000 and receive $550 for a cruise priced over $8,000. This offer is per person based double occupancy.
In addition to Orbitz's low prices, there are great value-added incentives including free shipboard credits and cabin upgrades on popular cruise lines. With this offer, cruisers can purchase an interior cabin for the price of a suite or balcony cabin.
Upgrades & Onboard Credit:
- Royal Caribbean and Celebrity Cruises are offering free upgrades and up to $200 off select cruising dates and destinations.
- Carnival Cruise Lines is offering a two-category upgrade that is applicable on seven-day Miami cruises if booked between September 1 and December 14, 2004, excluding holidays.
- Norwegian Cruise Lines offers up to $300 onboard credit and Oceania Cruises offers up to $100 in spa credit.
- Princess Cruises is offering a value booklet to passengers booking between August 15 and September 15, 2004. Travelers will receive one coupon book per passenger, valued at $120 in onboard savings per person. There is a limit of two booklets per stateroom.
Anchor great deals on Orbitz when booking travel through December:
With so many ports of call in the U.S., cruising is now more popular than ever. According to Orbitz, 2004's top five U.S. ports of call are Miami, Los Angeles, Port Canaveral, Boston and Tampa. Following are some examples of great deals for cruising through the end of the year:
- Royal Caribbean 3-Night Bahamas - Set sail from Miami aboard the Majesty of the Seas for three nights of Caribbean sunshine and Bahamian beauty. Save an extra $25 when you call to book on Orbitz. Stateroom booking prices start at $234.*
- Princess Cruises 7-Night Classic Eastern Caribbean - Sail roundtrip from Ft. Lauderdale for a week in the Eastern Caribbean on Princess Cruise Line's newest ship, the Caribbean Princess. Go duty-free shopping in St. Thomas, or venture over to St. John's underwater park. Book with Orbitz and receive a Princess onboard coupon booklet for up to $100 shipboard credit. Stateroom booking prices start at $699.*
- Celebrity Cruises 7-Night Western Caribbean - Set sail from Ft. Lauderdale on the enchanting Century. The first stop is in Ocho Rios, Jamaica, then go snorkel in the clear waters of Grand Cayman. Later stop to see Mayan ruins in the beautiful Cozumel, Mexico and round out the trip with a visit to lively Key West, Florida. Stateroom booking prices start at $492.*
- Norwegian Cruise Lines 8-Night Mexican Riviera - Depart from Los Angeles aboard the luxurious Norwegian Star. Snorkel with vibrant tropical fish in Acapulco and visit other Mexico ports such as Puerto Vallarta, Ixtapa, and Cabo San Lucas. While on board indulge in one of ten restaurants or unwind in the Barong Spa. Book with Orbitz and receive a three-category upgrade, $150 in shipboard credits and a gas card worth up to $150. Stateroom booking prices start at $629.*
- Holland America Line 7-Night Mexico Sea of Cortez - Beginning in October, board the majestic Ryndam from San Diego and set sail south to the Mexican Riviera. See the beauty of Lareto, La Paz and Cabo San Lucas and cruise by Los Arcos, where barking seals await your ship. Stateroom booking prices start at $629.*
* Prices based on cruise-only, per person double occupancy and includes port charges.
Please Note: Value added cruise incentives are subject to availability at the time of booking and certain restrictions and blackout dates may apply. See Orbitz.com for more information.
Orbitz is a leading online travel company that enables travelers to search for and purchase a broad array of travel products, including airline tickets, lodging, rental cars, cruises and vacation packages. Since launching its website in June 2001, Orbitz has become the third largest online travel site based on gross travel bookings. On www.orbitz.com, consumers can search more than 455 airlines, as well as rates at over 45,000 lodging properties and at 23 car rental companies. Orbitz, Inc. became a publicly traded company on Dec. 17, 2003, when its shares were listed on the Nasdaq National Market under the ticker symbol ORBZ. For more information on the company, visit www.orbitz.com.
Statements in this press release regarding Orbitz that are not historical facts are forward-looking statements and are subject to risks, assumptions and uncertainties that could cause such statements to differ materially from actual future events or results. Any such forward-looking statements are made pursuant to the safe harbor provisions of the Private Securities Litigation Reform Act of 1995. The following factors, among others, could cause Orbitz' actual results to differ materially from those described in a forward-looking statement: Orbitz' ability to retain and attract customers on a cost-effective basis; increasing competition from existing or new competitors; relationships with Orbitz' controlling stockholders and with other travel suppliers; limitations that could affect the expansion of our Supplier Link business; risks relating to our ability to expand our business generally; specific risks that could affect our ability to achieve growth plans for portions of our business, such as hotels; rapid technological change affecting our industry; risks associated with litigation or government regulation; declines, disruptions or events affecting the travel industry; potential fluctuations in our quarterly and annual results. This list is intended to identify only certain of the principal factors that could cause actual results to differ. Readers are referred to the reports and documents filed from time to time by Orbitz with the Securities and Exchange Commission for a discussion of these and other important risk factors. Readers are cautioned not to place undue reliance on forward-looking statements, which are made as of the date of this press release. Orbitz undertakes no obligation to update or revise any forward-looking statements, whether as a result of new information, future events or any other reason.