CHICAGO, IL - May 29, 2007 - Wireless communications have become a lifeline of sorts for business travelers, and often times finding a Wi-Fi hotspot on the road is as critical as finding a hotel room. Orbitz (www.orbitz.com), with its heritage of keeping travelers a step ahead, today announced an agreement with JiWire to provide Wi-Fi hotspot locators on Orbitz' new road warrior microsite (http://roadwarrior.orbitz.com).
Launched in February 2007, the road warrior store features an array of traveler tools and information, including locators for business travel essentials and services in many of the top markets in the U.S.
"Business travelers today don't have the luxury of waiting to get into a hotel room or an office to access e-mail or the Internet," said Steve Barnhart, president and chief executive officer, Orbitz Worldwide. "Orbitz is focused on making business travel for the road warrior as smooth as possible - from alerting you if your flight is delayed to finding a Wi-Fi hotspot. We'll continue to partner with best-of-breed suppliers like JiWire to bring our customers the valuable tools they need."
JiWire, which boasts the world's most comprehensive registry of Wi-Fi hotspots, will help Orbitz' road warriors stay connected through the more than 140,000 verified public hotspots in 134 countries JiWire has listed to date. Business travelers visiting the road warrior microsite simply click on the Wi-Fi locator tab, enter an address, and JiWire supplies a list of the closest hotspots complete with addresses and proximity to the location entered. The locators are part of the road warrior site's business travel essentials tools, which also include:
- Restaurant reservations
- Fitness center locator
- Public transportation maps and information
- Coffee shop locator
- Rail reservations
In addition, the site features a range of Orbitz features geared toward giving travelers greater control and a hassle-free travel experience. These include:
- OrbitzTLC Traveler Alerts - Proactive alerts notifying travelers and up to six designated contacts of departure and arrival flight status, even if those happen in mid-air.
- OrbitzTLC Late Arrival Hotel Alerts - For those who book air and hotel together, if a flight is delayed or cancelled Orbitz will call the hotel for late arrivals to ensure the traveler's hotel room is protected.
- OrbitzTLC Mobile Access - Check trip information, flight status, hotel availability in top 20 U.S. markets from any Web-enabled cell phone or wireless device.
- Road Warrior Hotel Reviews - Onsite business traveler tab featuring reviews written by business customers who have actually stayed in hotels, as well as professional critiques by Frommer's.
Orbitz (www.orbitz.com) is a leading online travel company that enables travelers to search for and purchase a broad array of travel products, including airline tickets, hotel rooms, rental cars, cruises and vacation packages. Since launching its website www.orbitz.com to the general public in June 2001, Orbitz has become one of the largest online travel sites in the world based on gross travel bookings. On Orbitz, consumers can search more than 80,000 suppliers worldwide including airlines, hotels and car rental companies. Orbitz is a Travelport brand. Travelport (www.travelport.com) is one of the largest and most geographically diverse travel companies, dedicated to creating the exceptional travel experiences the world demands.
Orbitz.com / Orbitz for Business
Brodeur PR (for Orbitz for Business)