Parsippany, NJ - Feb. 17, 2005 - February is National Grapefruit Month - and the perfect time to plan a winter getaway to popular warm-weather destinations including Florida, Texas and Arizona. CheapTickets®, one of the leading travel Web sites, currently features travel deals on flights, vacation packages, accommodations and cruises guaranteed to brighten the winter blues.
Book now to take advantage of the following hand-picked getaways featured on CheapTickets:
Fresh-squeezed Florida Deals
Florida is the largest grapefruit producer in the U.S. - and the top vacation hot spot during February with Orlando, Ft. Lauderdale, Tampa, Ft. Myers and Miami among the top ten most sought-after destinations according to bookings made on CheapTickets.com. Make plans now to visit the Sunshine State while the grapefruits - and travel savings - are ripe for picking with these mouth-watering deals from CheapTickets:
- Flights from Detroit to Ft. Lauderdale starting at $139, Philadelphia to Tampa starting at $164, Chicago to Ft. Myers starting at $168, Denver to West Palm Beach starting at $191, and Oakland to Miami starting at $284.
- The Best Western All Suites Hotel near the University of Southern Florida is conveniently located near many popular attractions including Busch Gardens, Adventure Island Water Park, and Legends Field, the spring training home to the New York Yankees. Rooms start at $83 nightly.
- Four-night vacation packages from New York to Miami starting at $475.
- Three-day Bahamas cruises from Miami starting from $319.
Tasty Texas Treats
Texas may come in second behind Florida when it comes to grapefruits, but the second-largest state in the U.S. shouldn't be overlooked when it comes to planning a winter getaway. With three of the nation's 10 largest cities, world-class art museums, a thriving music scene, and countless trendy shops and restaurants, Texas offers the perfect excuse for a week of shopping, relaxation and fun. CheapTickets currently features affordable travel bargains to this alternative destination in the Southwest, including:
- Flights from New York City to Dallas starting at $182, Seattle to Austin starting at $194, Minneapolis to Houston starting at $214, D.C. to El Paso starting at $224, and Charlotte to San Antonio starting at $292.
- The four-star Club Quarters is centrally-located in downtown Houston near Bayou Place, the city's trendy new area for hip restaurants, theater, nightlife and museums. Rooms start at $128 nightly.
- Four-night vacation packages from Chicago to Austin starting at $441.
- Four-day Western Caribbean cruises from Galveston starting from $429.
Succulent Arizona Specials
Spring vacations don't have to be about traditional sun-and-fun resorts near the beach. Head to Arizona for a week of outdoor activities including hiking, fishing, golf and mountain biking or visit one of the region's numerous spas for some pampering and relaxation. A sampling of deals consumers can find on CheapTickets.com this month include:
- Flights from Orange County to Tucson starting at $122 and from Miami to Phoenix starting at $164.
- The three-star Flagstaff Hilton Garden Inn is the ideal location to explore the wonders of Northern Arizona including the Grand Canyon National Park and Sedona. Rooms start at $82 nightly.
- Four-night vacation packages from Chicago to Phoenix starting from $432.
For more information on these deals and more during National Grapefruit Month, visit www.CheapTickets.com.
Airfare Offer Details: Airfares quoted include a $6 booking fee, fuel surcharges and other non-governmental charges and fees, but do not include: (i) Passenger Facility Charges, from $1-$18, depending on itinerary; (ii) $3.20 federal excise tax per domestic flight segment (takeoff/landing); (iii) $2.50 September 11th Security Fee per enplanement ($10 maximum); and (iv) if applicable, depending on itinerary (a) for domestic segments to/from Alaska/Hawaii, a $7.00 International Travel Facilities Tax (applies only for departures); and (b) international fees and taxes up to approximately $200. Some itineraries require paper tickets. Shipping fees start at $19.99. Airfares valid on select fares, subject to availability & not guaranteed until ticketed. Fares quoted are round-trip, coach class, per adult and apply to US point-of-sale and point-of-ticketing only. Limited time offer (void where prohibited by law). Other restrictions/requirements/rules may apply (including blackout dates).
Hotel Offer Details: Rates are per room, per night (double occupancy), subject to availability and not guaranteed until confirmed. Applicable hotel taxes, surcharges, and fees are not included.
Vacation Package Offer Details: Domestic vacation packages are per person and include round-trip airfare, hotel accommodations (double occupancy), and compact rental car; minimum travel party of two required. International vacation packages include round-trip airfare and hotel accommodations (double occupancy); minimum travel party of two required. Total Vacation Package price will always be clearly displayed to you prior to purchase. Limited time offer is subject to (i) change without notice; (ii) availability (advance reservation is required).
Cruise Details: Cruise prices quoted above are per person, based on double occupancy and include port charges. Additional government fees and taxes apply. Prices are subject to change.
# # #
CheapTickets is a leading seller of discounted leisure travel products online through its Web site, www.CheapTickets.com. CheapTickets provides consumers access to its exclusive collection of unpublished airfares, as well as regularly published fares on hundreds of airlines. In addition to air, CheapTickets' family of discounted travel products also includes hotel accommodations, cruises, rental cars, vacation packages, condo rentals and Last Minute Trips. Founded in 1986, CheapTickets is part of the Consumer Travel Americas group within Cendant's Travel Distribution Services Division.