Parsippany, NJ - Jan. 31, 2005 - Although Super Bowl Sunday is one of the most celebrated days in sports, not everyone is a football fan. Sports fanatics hoping to escape the football extravaganza and enjoy their favorite sporting pastimes need look no further. Leading travel Web site CheapTickets has compiled a list of the top 10 sports destinations guaranteed to peak the interest of sports fans whose loyalties lie elsewhere Super Bowl weekend.
- New York, New York - With spring training not far away, now's a great time for baseball fans to get into the swing of things and head to the National Baseball Hall of Fame in Cooperstown or visit New York City, home of the New York Yankees and New York Mets. CheapTickets currently has seven-night vacation packages from Denver to New York starting at $712.
- Madrid, Spain - Soccer fans who don't understand all the hype about American football can head to Madrid, where soccer is a way of life. CheapTickets offers rates at the four-star Confortel Suites starting at $115.61 a night and at the Lope De Vega Hotel starting at $177 a night.
- Toronto, Ontario - Hockey fans missing the NHL can visit Toronto where the sport still lives on with the Hockey Hall of Fame and endless amateur leagues. CheapTickets has affordable four-night vacation packages from Dallas to Toronto starting at $393.
- Houston, Texas - Believe it or not other sports play on Super Bowl Sunday. Basketball fans looking for an excuse to go to Texas can catch the Lakers/Rockets game in Houston. CheapTickets features some of Houston's top hotels including the five-star Lancaster Hotel from $190 a night or the five-star St. Regis from $260 a night.
- London, England - Tennis fans anxious for June to roll around can head to London right now to enjoy the Wimbledon Lawn Tennis Museum complete with tours, exhibitions and shopping. CheapTickets has seven-night vacation packages from New York to London starting at $802.
- Salt Lake City, Utah - Fans with Olympic fever can visit the old Olympic Village in Salt Lake City, home of the 2002 Winter Games, and participate in some winter activities on their own. CheapTickets currently offers five-night vacation packages from New York to Salt Lake City starting at $502.
- Phoenix, Arizona - Golf fanatics can swing away to their hearts' content at one of Arizona's beautiful golf courses while enjoying some warm weather. CheapTickets has roundtrip flights from Chicago starting from $164 and three-night vacation packages from Detroit to Phoenix starting at $445.
- Breckenridge, Colorado - X-Treme Sports fans and ski bums will enjoy exploring the mountains of Colorado where there is plenty of action both on and off the slopes. CheapTickets is offering skiers and winter enthusiasts a great way to pack up all of their winter gear with $50 off a weekly SUV rental along with a free ski rack and unlimited mileage at Avis, or up to $20 off a weekend rental along with a free upgrade, free ski rack and free unlimited mileage at Budget. CheapTickets also has seven-night vacation packages from Philadelphia to Denver starting at $418.
- Honolulu, Hawaii - Surfers longing for warmer days can "hang ten" in Hawaii and polish up on their surfing skills while soaking up some sun. CheapTickets has seven-night vacation packages available from Los Angeles to Honolulu starting at $874.
- Philadelphia, Pennsylvania - Boxing fans need only head to Philadelphia to see the iconic bronze "Rocky" statue inspired by the legendary film. Vacationers can run up the stairs at the Philadelphia Museum of Art and truly revel in the boxing experience. CheapTickets has flights from Miami to Philadelphia starting from $164.
CheapTickets has the perfect vacation packages, flights, hotels and Last Minute Trips guaranteeing sports fans of all genres will enjoy themselves Super Bowl weekend - or any weekend during the year. For more information on these deals and more visit www.CheapTickets.com.
Hotel Offer Details: Rates are per room, per night (double occupancy), subject to availability and not guaranteed until confirmed. Applicable hotel taxes, surcharges, and fees are not included.
Vacation Package Offer Details: Domestic vacation packages are per person and include round-trip airfare, hotel accommodations (double occupancy), and compact rental car; minimum travel party of two required. International vacation packages include round-trip airfare and hotel accommodations (double occupancy); minimum travel party of two required. Total Vacation Package price will always be clearly displayed to you prior to purchase. Limited time offer is subject to (i) change without notice; (ii) availability (advance reservation is required).
Airfare Offer Details: Airfares quoted include a $6 booking fee, fuel surcharges and other non-governmental charges and fees, but do not include: (i) Passenger Facility Charges, from $1-$18, depending on itinerary; (ii) $3.20 federal excise tax per domestic flight segment (takeoff/landing); (iii) $2.50 September 11th Security Fee per enplanement ($10 maximum); and (iv) if applicable, depending on itinerary (a) for domestic segments to/from Alaska/Hawaii, a $7 International Travel Facilities Tax (applies only for departures); and (b) international fees and taxes up to approximately $200. Some itineraries require paper tickets. Shipping fees start at $19.99. Airfares valid on select fares, subject to availability & not guaranteed until ticketed. Fares quoted are round-trip, coach class, per adult and apply to US point-of-sale and point-of-ticketing only. Limited time offer (void where prohibited by law). Other restrictions/requirements/rules may apply (including blackout dates).
CheapTickets is a leading seller of discounted leisure travel products online through its Web site, www.CheapTickets.com. CheapTickets provides consumers access to its exclusive collection of unpublished airfares, as well as regularly published fares on hundreds of airlines. In addition to air, CheapTickets' family of discounted travel products also includes hotel accommodations, cruises, rental cars, vacation packages, condo rentals and Last Minute Trips. Founded in 1986, CheapTickets is part of the Consumer Travel Americas group within Cendant's Travel Distribution Services Division.