CHICAGO, IL May 1, 2007 - Calling all charities, universities, churches and non-profit organizations planning a group volunteer vacation and seeking assistance with travel costs. CheapTickets.com (www.cheaptickets.com), a leading discount online travel agency, today announced the launch of its Volunteer Vacations Savings Program.
The program will provide discounts on travel, booked through CheapTickets.com, for organizations planning group volunteer vacations. All reputable non-profit organizations are eligible to apply to receive savings on flight plus hotel travel packages.
"Through CheapTickets' Volunteer Vacations website anyone can search for and book a volunteer vacation," said Marita Hudson Thomas of CheapTickets' Cheap Squad. "However, we wanted to take our volunteer initiative a step further by aiding groups, especially those watching every dollar, in taking these types of vacations to assist communities in need of help."
To qualify for the CheapTickets Volunteer Savings Program, groups must meet the following criteria:
- Contain 10 or more travelers
- Book hotel plus flight packages for the volunteer vacation on CheapTickets.com
- Provide documentation that your organization is a qualified non-profit organization, e.g., 501c3 paperwork, tax exemption status letter
- Present a letter from the organization for which you will be volunteering, e.g., United Way, stating that your group will be participating in a volunteer vacation and describing the volunteer activities
To apply for the CheapTickets Volunteer Vacations Savings Program, groups should send an email request to email@example.com. The email must include the following information:
- Your organization's name, e.g. church group, university, etc.
- Number of people traveling
- Dates and location of travel
- Organization associated with volunteer opportunity, e.g. United Way, Chicago Cares
Applications will be evaluated on a case-by-case basis and savings offered will be at CheapTickets' sole discretion.
Last month, CheapTickets.com launched a Volunteer Vacations website in conjunction with the United Way of America. The site provides tools for consumers to search and book volunteer opportunities across the country and receive travel discounts to the featured volunteer vacation destination. The site also allows all charities to post volunteer opportunities.
For more information about Volunteer Vacations, visit volunteer.cheaptickets.com.
CheapTickets (www.cheaptickets.com) is a leading seller of discounted leisure travel products online through its Web site, www.cheaptickets.com. CheapTickets provides consumers access to its collection of airfares on hundreds of airlines. In addition to air, CheapTickets' family of discounted travel products also includes hotel accommodations, cruises, rental cars, vacation packages, condo rentals and Last Minute Trips. Founded in 1986, CheapTickets is a Travelport brand. Travelport (www.travelport.com) is one of the largest and most geographically diverse travel companies, dedicated to creating the exceptional travel experiences the world demands.
Marita Hudson Thomas