Increased Speed, Touch-Optimized Interface Highlight the Update as Demand for Mobile in Corporate Travel Rises
CHICAGO, March 26, 2014 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Orbitz for Business, the corporate travel brand of Orbitz Worldwide Inc. (NYSE:OWW), today launched a major update to its industry-leading mobile travel tool, revamping the design to increase ease-of-use while boosting overall speed and touch responsiveness. Since becoming the first major corporate travel company to launch an end-to-end mobile solution that blended the ability to book all major travel products with fully customized corporate policy controls in 2011, Orbitz for Business has continued to raise the bar with its powerful yet consumer-friendly approach to mobile booking for companies of all sizes.
Learn more about the updated site: http://orbitzforbusiness.com/gomobile
The demand for comprehensive mobile tools and functionality has exploded globally. Studies show that last year, 80 percent of all devices shipped were tablets and smartphones, and today's business traveler now carries multiple mobile devices. But while mobile use has become increasingly more commonplace among leisure travelers, and with on-the-go travel booking rising in popularity with this group, corporate mobile offerings have lagged behind in functionality and adoption. According to a recent survey, nearly 75 percent of general business travelers say they are frustrated when they can't make, change, or cancel their travel plans from their phone, and 80 percent say they would rather make their own changes via smartphone or tablet instead of calling an agent for assistance.
"At Orbitz Worldwide, it's our mission to be the best place to plan and book travel on touch devices, and our new Orbitz for Business mobile offering is in line with that mission," said Frank Petito, president of Orbitz for Business. "The touch interface has been completely optimized for a smaller screen while retaining the powerful features available in our desktop experience. Equally important, the site fully supports the customized policy, control and compliance requirements of corporate travel managers and their programs. While the Orbitz for Business mobile solution is 100 percent focused on the corporate traveler, we have leveraged what we've learned about how customers like to search and book travel from the consumer side of our business, which has been given many accolades for its mobile offerings including being inducted into the App Store Hall of Fame."
The revamped Orbitz for Business mobile website seamlessly integrates all the great features of the traditional desktop experience, while giving business travelers the flexibility, features and functionality to book a broad array of travel products and services while on-the-go, including:
- Make New Reservations: Search for and book thousands of flights, hotels and car rental options, including same-day and last-minute reservations. In addition, car service and rail bookings will be available this summer.
- Full Content Access with Deep Savings: Mobile solution provides complete access to our vast supplier network, complete with our specially curated Business Advantage rates and traveler extras, resulting in company savings and satisfied travelers.
- Support for All Search Types and Filters: Allows travelers to sort and filter across a full range of criteria and preferences, such as searching for flights by price or schedule, or searching for hotels and cars by city, airport, company location or address.
- Trip Tracking and Itinerary Management: All travel reservations and trip details are accessible through My Trips, including the ability to cancel existing reservations and share itineraries.
- Flight Status and Traveler Updates: Check flight status on major worldwide airlines and receive our real-time Orbitz for Business CARE alerts to stay informed of any changes.
Additionally, the Orbitz for Business mobile website applies all existing customized corporate travel policies, controls and compliance guidelines to new reservations, such as:
- Full Policy Application for All Reservations: Travel and compliance policies are applied to new mobile reservations. This includes prioritized search results with preferred suppliers and other company-level travel policies and reference data as well as trip purpose.
- Company and Global Messaging: Global messaging from Orbitz for Business and company-specific messages appear on the mobile homepage, within search results and on booking and confirmation pages, consistently across all devices.
- Customer Service and Support: Travelers are always just one click away from 24/7 customer service, including email and telephone-based offline support.
Screenshots of the mobile site are available at: http://www.orbitzforbusiness.com/gomobile4media
About Orbitz for Business
Orbitz for Business is the corporate travel brand of Orbitz Worldwide (NYSE:OWW). Launched in 2002, Orbitz for Business offers a complete portfolio of global business travel products and services that help corporate customers plan, search and book travel. Orbitz for Business leverages Orbitz Worldwide technology, customized for corporate travelers. In addition to its leading technology, Orbitz for Business delivers full service, cost effective travel management solutions including 24/7 customer support; expense reporting and policy management tools; and comprehensive choice in travel inventory.
About Orbitz Worldwide
Orbitz Worldwide (NYSE:OWW) is a leading global online travel company using technology to transform the way consumers around the world plan and purchase travel. Orbitz Worldwide operates the consumer travel planning sites Orbitz (www.orbitz.com), ebookers (www.ebookers.com), HotelClub (www.hotelclub.com) and CheapTickets (www.cheaptickets.com). Also within the Orbitz Worldwide family, Orbitz Partner Network (www.orbitz.com/OPN) delivers private label travel technology solutions to a broad range of partners including some of the world`s largest airlines and travel agencies, and Orbitz for Business (www.orbitzforbusiness.com) delivers managed travel solutions for companies of all sizes. Orbitz Worldwide makes investor relations information available at investors.orbitz.com.
CONTACT: Media contact: