|Beat the Heat with Cool Vacation Deals on Orbitz.com|
|Chicago, July 26, 2004 (Nasdaq: ORBZ) - As temperatures rise this summer in many areas of the U.S., travelers can escape to cool spots by booking hot deals on Orbitz.com. Orbitz, the site that makes it easy to find great travel deals, offers advice on how to "beat the heat" in breezy destinations this summer.
Tips on Beating the Heat:
Trips to Breezy Destinations:
- Orbitz makes it simple to book family vacations during these hot summer months. Travelers can book up to nine passengers at the same time and Orbitz's new seat-map feature provides the option to compare flights by seat availability when reviewing fares and itineraries. Families will be assured when booking a flight on Orbitz that they can travel together and get the best seats for a more comfortable trip.
- Orbitz allows travelers to search for hotels by amenity, so choosing a resort with a pool is easy. Site users simply click on "Expand Search Options" and select "Let Me Choose Amenities" to find a hotel that has a pool, a health club or other features that meet the travelers' needs.
- When booking a vacation on Orbitz.com, customers have the option to purchase tickets to popular activities and attractions in many major cities. Choose a city where the weather is perfect year round such as Los Angeles, and book passes right from the site to the "Learn to Surf Camp" at nearby Manhattan Beach.
- Check out top ski destinations during the off-season. Many resorts offer activities and accommodations during the summer at discounted rates. Guests can enjoy activities such as, hiking trails and bike riding amid the mountainous landscape.
Please note: Package prices subject to availability. Please contact Orbitz for up-to-the-minute pricing and deals from your home city.
- San Diego - Seattle (August 27-29, two-nights) Escape the heat of southern California and experience the famous humidity-free summers of Seattle. Travelers save when they book flight plus hotel together over booking travel components separately. Fly Alaska Airlines and stay at the three-star Roosevelt Hotel where vacationers will find themselves in Seattle's premium downtown shopping, dining, and theatre district. In addition, this hotel's restaurant, Von's Grand City Café, serves an award-winning martini. The price per person is $391 and includes taxes.
- New Orleans - Vail/Beaver Creek via Denver (August 27-29, two-nights) Rocky Mountain properties aren't just for skiing, they have an array of summer activities to offer as well. Book a vacation with air from US Airways and accommodations at the three-star Sheraton Mountain Vista Resort at Beaver Creek. Located in the heart of Vail Valley, the resort offers horseback riding, hot air ballooning, fine dining, galleries, gondola rides and more. The price per person is $410 and includes taxes.
- Chicago - San Francisco (August 20-23, three-nights) Get away to the home of the Golden Gate Bridge, and take in more than just the pleasant weather. Book air transportation on American Airlines and accommodations at the two-star Ramada Limited, located in the heart of the Marina District. Conveniently close to attractions and points of interest, the hotel is a just a short walk to Union Street with an abundance of specialty shops and boutiques. The price per person is $382 and includes taxes.
- New York City - Los Angeles (August 13-16, three-nights) Los Angeles and its surf and sand is a great getaway for New Yorkers escaping the city's burning asphalt. Book air transportation on Continental Airlines and accommodations at the three-star New Otani Hotel and Garden in downtown Los Angeles close to a number of restaurant and shopping options. The price per person is $454 and includes taxes.
- Houston - Hawaii/Honolulu (August 13-18, five-nights) Houston is notorious for its blistering summers and Hawaii is known for its endless ones. Book air transportation on American Airlines and accommodations at the four-star Waikiki Parc Hotel. The hotel is removed from the hustle and bustle of Waikiki, yet steps away from Waikiki Beach. The price per person is $1003 and includes taxes. Round trip airport transportation is also included.
Orbitz is a leading online travel company that enables travelers to search for and purchase a broad array of travel products, including airline tickets, lodging, rental cars, cruises and vacation packages. Since launching its website in June 2001, Orbitz has become the third largest online travel site based on gross travel bookings. On www.orbitz.com, consumers can search more than 455 airlines, as well as rates at over 45,000 lodging properties and at 23 car rental companies. Orbitz, Inc. became a publicly traded company on Dec. 17, 2003, when its shares were listed on the Nasdaq National Market under the ticker symbol ORBZ. For more information on the company, visit www.orbitz.com.
Statements in this press release regarding Orbitz that are not historical facts are forward-looking statements and are subject to risks, assumptions and uncertainties that could cause such statements to differ materially from actual future events or results. Any such forward-looking statements are made pursuant to the safe harbor provisions of the Private Securities Litigation Reform Act of 1995. The following factors, among others, could cause Orbitz' actual results to differ materially from those described in a forward-looking statement: Orbitz' ability to retain and attract customers on a cost-effective basis; increasing competition from existing or new competitors; relationships with Orbitz' controlling stockholders and with other travel suppliers; limitations that could affect the expansion of our Supplier Link business; risks relating to our ability to expand our business generally; specific risks that could affect our ability to achieve growth plans for portions of our business, such as hotels; rapid technological change affecting our industry; risks associated with litigation or government regulation; declines, disruptions or events affecting the travel industry; potential fluctuations in our quarterly and annual results. This list is intended to identify only certain of the principal factors that could cause actual results to differ. Readers are referred to the reports and documents filed from time to time by Orbitz with the Securities and Exchange Commission for a discussion of these and other important risk factors. Readers are cautioned not to place undue reliance on forward-looking statements, which are made as of the date of this press release. Orbitz undertakes no obligation to update or revise any forward-looking statements, whether as a result of new information, future events or any other reason.
|"Safe Harbor" Statement under the Private Securities Litigation Reform Act of 1995: Statements in this press release regarding Orbitz Worldwide Inc.'s business which are not historical facts are "forward-looking statements" that involve risks and uncertainties. For a discussion of such risks and uncertainties, which could cause actual results to differ from those contained in the forward-looking statements, see "Risk Factors" in the Company's Annual Report or Form 10-K for the most recently ended fiscal year.|