Partnership with TripHub Integrates Group Travel Planning Service on Orbitz.com
Chicago, IL, and Seattle, WA, July 10, 2007 - Orbitz (www.orbitz.com), with its heritage of keeping customers "A Step AheadTM," and TripHub (www.TripHub.com), a leader in online group travel planning and collaboration, today announced a strategic partnership.
Making it easier for customers to plan group trips and events
Released today, TripHub's service on Orbitz (http://orbitz.triphub.com) helps groups more easily plan, coordinate, and share trips such as bachelor parties, spa vacations, reunions, weddings, trips with clubs and teams or any event that involves coordinated travel.
According to a recent Forrester Research report, 46% of online U.S. leisure travelers took at least one "group" trip in the past 12 months.*
"Whether its a buddy trip to Las Vegas or a family reunion in Orlando, Orbitz now will help groups communicate and coordinate what can be complex travel plans," said Steve Barnhart, CEO and president of Orbitz Worldwide, Inc. "Our partnership with TripHub brings together best-in-class planning and community technology, with Orbitz' premier booking capabilities and inventory."
Orbitz is the only major online travel agency to exclusively feature and promote TripHub's planning and community tools. The service will also be featured on various Orbitz microsites, including its family travel (http://family.orbitz.com), unmanaged business travel (http://roadwarrior.orbitz.com), and auto racing (http://racing.orbitz.com) sites.
Features of the new service include:
- Personalized "Trip" pages for sharing all trip information
- Invitation and RSVP tracking
- Trip blogs that enable collaboration on decisions and allow customers to share their experiences with their group
- Schedule of events so everyone knows what's happening, when, and where
- Group messaging functionality that allows trip organizers and their guests to send messages to each other and keep a central record of all trip communications
- Shared trip maps to help group members view accommodations and scheduled activities in relation to each other
- Driving directions between any two locations
- Itinerary sharing features that allow customers to share their plans, shop for travel, and collaborate on purchase decisions
"Orbitz is keeping our customers a step ahead by integrating the tools and service that people need when planning group travel," said Randy Wagner, Chief Marketing Officer, Orbitz Worldwide. "Many customers want the same control they have now in booking two to four person trips in setting up larger travel events, where communicating and sharing with friends, colleagues or family is key - and now Orbitz is the only major online travel agency to provide that combined functionality."
"We're excited to partner with Orbitz Worldwide to improve the way millions of groups plan travel online," said Josh Herst, founder and CEO of TripHub Inc. "Together Orbitz and TripHub deliver an end-to-end planning and purchasing solution that makes it easier and more fun to plan group trips and events from point of inspiration through post-travel memory sharing."
Setting up a trip or event is easy:
- Create a personalized trip page for your wedding, buddy trips or family reunion by clicking the "Get started" button on http://orbitz.triphub.com.
- Send invitations using the e-mail based invitation and RSVP feature.
- Create recommended flight and accommodation itineraries to share with other travelers.
- Share and discuss trip ideas with your group through the private or public blog features.
*Source: Forrester Research Inc.'s North American Consumer technology Adoption 2007 Online Travel Study
Orbitz (www.orbitz.com) is a leading online travel company that enables travelers to search for and purchase a broad array of travel products, including airline tickets, hotel rooms, rental cars, cruises and vacation packages. Since launching its website www.orbitz.com to the general public in June 2001, Orbitz has become one of the largest online travel sites in the world based on gross travel bookings. On Orbitz, consumers can search more than 80,000 suppliers worldwide including airlines, hotels and car rental companies. Orbitz is a Travelport brand. Travelport (www.travelport.com) is one of the largest and most geographically diverse travel companies, dedicated to creating the exceptional travel experiences the world demands.
TripHub Inc. provides online services to help groups plan, organize and share any gathering that involves travel. TripHub's service, available at www.triphub.com and now through Orbitz.com, originally launched in 2006 and has been used by thousands of customers to plan gatherings and events such as family vacations, birthday celebrations, bachelor parties, spa vacations, reunions, weddings and trips with clubs and teams. TripHub's communication and collaboration services eliminate many of the headaches associated with group coordination and decision making and bring more fun and excitement into the travel planning process. TripHub was founded in 2005 and is headquartered in Seattle, Washington.
206.443-9400 ext 206