CHICAGO, July 6, 2011 /PRNewswire/ -- Orbitz (http://www.orbitz.com) today announced the launch of the Orbitz Hotels App, a native iPad application that gives customers an intuitive search-and-book experience designed specifically for iPad. The Orbitz Hotels App offers travelers the entire selection of Orbitz hotel properties, powerful comparison tools and secure booking in just three taps. The Orbitz Hotels App is available for free from the App Store on iPad or at: http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/orbitz-hotels/id445927435.
The Orbitz Hotels App for iPad takes full advantage of iPad's unique capabilities, providing a streamlined, fast and friendly interface for travelers to find, compare and book hotels, whether on the couch or on the go. Highlights include:
- Book hotels at any of thousands of destinations around the world available on Orbitz
- Find hotels nearby using iPad's GPS capabilities – particularly convenient for same day bookings – or search by city, address, zip code or landmark
- Filter and sort hotels by price, star rating, review score, distance, neighborhood and more
- Compare hotels and prices on an interactive map. Tiles alongside the map provide summarized hotel information and can be expanded to show photographs, guest reviews by verified customers, special offers, amenities and detailed hotel/room descriptions
- Toggle from map view to an innovative matrix view to effortlessly compare many hotel options at once
To mark the launch of the Orbitz Hotel App for iPad, Orbitz will be giving away an iPad 2 each day for the next week on Facebook, from Wednesday, July 6 through Tuesday, July 12(1). To enter the giveaway and for complete terms visit http://www.facebook.com/Orbitz.
"The Orbitz Hotels App for iPad sets a new standard, allowing customers to search for, compare and book hotels effortlessly," said Barney Harford, CEO, Orbitz Worldwide. "Designed from the ground up to take advantage of iPad's format and interface, the Orbitz Hotels App for iPad is fun to use, fast and streamlined, allowing customers to book a hotel in just three taps."
In addition to a groundbreaking search and book experience, the new Orbitz Hotels App for iPad delivers the same value that customers have come to expect when booking hotels on Orbitz, including:
- Automatic Hotel Price Assurance refunds – If another Orbitz customer books the same prepaid hotel room for less, Orbitz will send you a check for the difference automatically
- Enhanced Low Price Guarantee – Orbitz customers who find their same prepaid hotel room for a lower price online can receive a refund for the difference and a $50 discount on a future hotel booking(2)
- No Orbitz fees on hotel cancellations or changes
The Orbitz Hotels App is available for free from the App Store on iPad or at: http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/orbitz-hotels/id445927435.
Orbitz Mobile History
Orbitz was the first full service online travel company to launch a mobile website in 2006. The site enabled consumers to access Orbitz from any web-enabled cell phone, and initial launch features included the ability to check flight status and search for available hotels in 20 top U.S. markets.
In July 2010, Orbitz launched an updated mobile website (http://m.orbitz.com) enabling consumers to book hotel, air and car from any smartphone browser.
In November 2010, Orbitz released iPhone and Android apps. Orbitz was the first (and is still the only) full service online travel company to offer hotel, air and car shopping and booking capabilities within native apps.
For more information on the Orbitz iPhone and Android apps, please visit http://www.orbitz.com/mobile.
Terms and Conditions:
(1) No purchase necessary. Must be at least 18. US residents only. Void where prohibited. Ends 7/12/11. For full terms visit: http://www.facebook.com/Orbitz.
(2) If you prepay for your hotel reservation and then find the same room, in the same hotel, for the same dates, at a lower price online, we'll refund the difference and give you $50 off a future hotel booking. Orbitz allows customers to make a claim right up until the hotel's cancellation deadline.
Orbitz.com (http://www.orbitz.com) is a leading online travel company that enables travelers to search for and book a broad array of travel products, including airline tickets, hotel rooms, rental cars, cruises and vacation packages. Since launching its Web site to the general public in June 2001, Orbitz.com has become one of the largest online travel sites in the world and has led the industry with innovations including Flight Price Assurance, Hotel Price Assurance and Total Price hotel search results. On Orbitz.com consumers can search more than 80,000 suppliers worldwide including airlines, hotels and car rental companies. Orbitz.com is owned by Orbitz Worldwide. Stay connected to Orbitz.com with sale alerts, exclusive promotions and engaging conversations by following Orbitz on Facebook (http://www.facebook.com/orbitz), Twitter (http://www.twitter.com/orbitz) and the Orbitz Travel Blog (http://www.orbitz.com/blog).
About Orbitz Worldwide
Orbitz Worldwide is a leading global online travel company that uses innovative technology to enable leisure and business travelers to research, plan and book a broad range of travel products. Orbitz Worldwide owns a portfolio of consumer brands that includes Orbitz (http://www.orbitz.com), CheapTickets (http://www.cheaptickets.com), ebookers (http://www.ebookers.com), HotelClub (http://www.hotelclub.com), RatesToGo (www.ratestogo.com) and the Away Network (www.away.com). Also within the Orbitz Worldwide family, Orbitz Worldwide Distribution (http://corp.orbitz.com/partnerships/distribution) delivers private label travel solutions to a broad range of partners including many of the world's largest airlines, and Orbitz for Business (http://www.orbitzforbusiness.com) delivers managed corporate travel solutions for corporations. For more information on partnership opportunities with Orbitz Worldwide, visit http://corp.orbitz.com. Orbitz Worldwide uses its Investor Relations website to make information available to its investors and the public at http://investors.orbitz.com. You can sign up to receive email alerts whenever the company posts new information to the website.
For further information: Marita Hudson Thomas, +1-312-260-8304, firstname.lastname@example.org